Are you curious about what to pack for a charter, what food to bring, what is provided, and so on? When it comes to preparing for a perfect trip, the Cruise Annapolis team is here to help! Whether it’s your first time chartering with us, or you’re a charter pro, here are some tips to help make your charter experience perfect:
- Protect yourself from the sun: Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat. UV rays from the sun reflect off of the water which can lead to a sunburn faster than one might anticipate. Every hour or so, take a break from the sun by heading into the cool, air-conditioned cabins of your yacht and don’t forget to hydrate!
- Think ‘comfy’ when it comes to clothes: Cruising out on the water is most enjoyable in breathable clothing. Shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits, and a light jacket should do the trick. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast before you travel to make sure you have appropriate apparel on hand. The spacious cabins on our elite fleet of Jeanneau and Fountaine Pajot yachts have plenty of closet room for your wardrobe.
- Skip the grocery store, have your provisions delivered: Make your life a little easier, skip the trip to the grocery store and use a reliable delivery service such as Peapod to have your provisions delivered directly to Cruise Annapolis. We will store your food and beverages for your arrival! All of our vessels are equipped with a stove, oven, propane grill, refrigerator, freezer, and some even have a microwave.
- Order catering for a short trip: For those who plan on being in full-blown vacation mode with no desire to cook, order catering. We recommend Bread and Butter and Main & Market for their use of local ingredients and experience catering for charter guests. Whether you are chartering a Jeanneau or Fountaine Pajot yacht, both are known for their craftsmanship and clever storage design. You will have no problem stowing your groceries with the ample kitchen space on any of our yachts.
- Have adult beverages brought to you: Some local stores such as Annapolis Wine & Spirits deliver to Cruise Annapolis. If you don’t have time to make the stop before arriving at our docks, give them a call in advance to arrange delivery. Many of our yachts already have a cooler onboard. Ask your personal charter specialist in advance whether or not you need to bring your own.
- Sleep aboard the night before your charter: You can enjoy all that Annapolis has to offer the afternoon leading up to your night aboard. Choose from one of the amazing restaurants on Main Street for dinner, shop, and explore our historic state capital! Contact Susan Restauri or Amanda Kurland to arrange this service.
- Check us out on social media: Before you cruise off, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to get a glimpse of what to expect from your charter experience. While you are enjoying your trip be sure to share photos and videos by tagging us and using #CruiseAnnapolis.
Here at Cruise Annapolis, we pride ourselves on our excellent reputation for personalized charter services, so please do not hesitate to reach out with any other questions you have about preparing for your charter experience. We love our hometown and are more than happy to recommend places to eat, shop, visit, and explore as well. Happy cruising!